There is one body and one Spirit – just as you were called to one hope when you were called – one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
– Ephesians 4: 4-6
• There is One God and Father of all, who is over all, through all and in all – We are a people who, as adopted sons and daughters, experience a personal relationship with the one God and Father, the creator and the great I AM. (Genesis 1:1; Exodus 3:13-14; Galatians 4:4-7)
• There is One Faith– We are a people who put our faith in the crucified and resurrected Christ, the only way to God. (1 Corinthians 15:1-7)
• There is One Lord – We are a people who confess and serve Jesus as Lord. (Romans 10:9-10; Matthew 7:21-23). Jesus has called all believers to follow him and be his disciples. Through discipleship we learn to become like Jesus in our every day lives (Luke 9:23-27).
• There is One Baptism – We are a people who have been born again, buried and raised with Christ in baptism. (John 3:3-5; Romans 6:1-10)
• There is One Spirit – We are a people who live by the Spirit because the Holy Spirit lives within us. (Romans 8:9-11)
• There is One Body – We are a people who are joined and work together as the body of Christ because he has destroyed the barriers that existed between us. (1 Corinthians 12:27; Ephesians 2:14-16)
• There is One Hope – We are a people who share the hope of salvation, eternal life through Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)